Re: WLLH:Home of Ameriacn Popular Standards

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Well, sort of...while I can't think of a "river" (or "mountain" either)
> that isn't AAA, "Kiss" seems to be applied to lots of different formats.
> The original "kiss" KISS in Texas was, if I'm not mistaken, hard rock.
> Granted, a lot of "kiss" stations are rhythmic CHR, but I've heard it on
> AC, oldies, and mainstream CHR (like Kiss 108), too.

Kiss-108 was a disco station when it signed on in 1979. It subsequently
evolved into a CHR station, but as long as Sunny Joe White was programming
it Kiss-108 had a unique sound. I never heard anything quite like it in
any other market.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com