Re: Two Chicks Leaving?

- ---Bob Nelson <bluesradio_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Today's "Inside Track" in the Boston Herald hints
> (once again) that a personality conflict between
> Lori Kramer and Leslie Gold may lead to the canning
> of WRKO's "Two Chicks Dishing", perhaps by next
> month. They quote an inside source at WRKO, a "spy",
> whom they've dubbed "Deep Dial". Hmm... are any
> Herald employees working at 'RKO these days, perhaps
> in time slots adjacent to the Chicks? :)

Hey, they say you should never room with your
best friend(s) or you'll end up enemies.
It's true. In addition to being best friends,
these two share the same apt. and work together five days
a week. I guess it got just a bit too much for both. A massive
blowout inside WRKO studios in mid-December wasn't a pretty scene.
These things usually aren't.

>From what I gather, WRKO-AM management tried to sort things
out between the two of them but it didn't work. They're done with
WRKO. Their contracts are up in a couple of months anyway. They did
okay for themselves in the last three years coming out of nowhere
and doing quite well in the most recent book. They can now resume
their regular activities, I suppose. They were actually quite successful
business women before they got into the radio thing and can probably
pick up where they left off without too much of a hassle.

> If the Chicks were to leave, who would take over that
> slot? Andy Moes? Tai?

Parenteau? They gave him an extra hour on Saturdays(4-7)
recently. ("Take Charge Of Your Health" got iced  after
the bad doctor got into some major off-the-air troubles).

>Maybe a syndicated host? (Somehow I get the idea
>that Howie wouldn't be too happy if he had to say,
> "Coming up next is Tom Leykis,
> right after news you'll be talking about all night long"...)

Joan Rivers would be a cool replacement for the kind of talk
the Chicks tried to do here but I don't believe WOR
is syndicating her show yet.