WCCM At Night

At the southernmost end of the street where I live in
Methuen, I can see the blinking red light atop the
WCCM-AM tower, so I am also among the fortunate few
who can receive a solid signal from it overnight.
On a few occasions, I've noticed that they have replaced
some Spanish-language shows with talk programming from
one of the TalkAmerica networks.  However, consistency
is not WCCM's name and they also have college or high
school sports too (in English except for bullfights;
just joking).  BTW, The Elliott AM log shows WCCM as
being a strict daytime, and if you you use the Kordis
locator, WCCM is also shown as only a daytimer.  But
in the LTAR booklet, WCCM is shown as operating with
247 watts at night.  Wow...on good signal-carrying
nights, I can hear other stations at 800 khz, and
I need only drive to the Rockingham Mall to lose it
almost completely.  That's about the coverage WJIB
gets with its 5 trillion femtowatts!  But seriously
folks, does anybody know what Costa plans for WCCM
at night...if planning has anything to do with it?

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com