Re: Predictions for 1999

>  (I thinks that means if 1200 can operate with 50 kW from 411 Waverley Oaks Rd
> without encountering a problem with WLIB on Cape Cod),

I thought WLIB was on Long Island....

> With syndicated talk programming (Liddy, Joy Browne, Bob Grant,
> Leykis, Bohannon et al), 1200 could probably have a measurable effect on
> WRKO without incurring exhorbitant programming

This group of bombastic, washed up has-beens?  Cutting into RKO??  Get real.  As
"messed up" as RKO is, or is percieved to be, this syndicated fare won't make
any real dent into 680.  Unless the syndicated program is well done like an
Imus, Stern or Rush, people won't listen regularly if at all.  The only way 1200
would be competitive is to bite the bullet and put on some local programming.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks