Re: Christmas tunes (zany ones)

- ---ROBERT W PAINE <TEBZ17A@prodigy.com> wrote:
>  And Allen Sherman's "Twelve Days of Christmas".

How about Bob and Doug McKenzie (aka Dave Thomas and
Rick Moranis, then with "SCTV") doing "Twelve Days"--
"and a beer...in a tree."

>  And then there's......
>  Bob    who is thankful for being spared having to play:
>       "I'll Be Home for Christmas", "Blue Christmas", "Please Come
> for Christmas",

Hey,when you're tired of the Eagles version of "Please
Come Home...", try the nice rendition by the man who
did it originally (I believe), blues/soul vocalist and
pianist Charles Brown. (But yes, I still like
Christmas novelty tunes better than the ballads!)

Bob Nelson
Sundays 12-3 pm, WMWM-FM 91.7
This week, with a tribute to
the late, great Otis Redding