WKBR-AM on 1240

It was stated a day or so ago that WKBR-AM has ALWAYS
been on 1250.  Au contraire mon frere (a line borrowed
from George Carlin...no Mike Barncle I). I distinctly
remember listening to the station at 1240 before going
away on vacation one summer (1960?) and finding it had
moved to 1250  when I got back.  I thereupon drove up
 to the Front St.
studio to see if the towers had been built there...
no,
they were in Goffstown.  BUT the old 1240 tower was
still there and it remained at the studio for many years.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com