Re: WJIB calls...

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Bob Nelson wrote:

> Yeah,that's what Bob Bittner was saying yesterday
> (that it's a nautical term)...and I've lived my whole
> life two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, so I know
> about the word as well. I thought that maybe "jib"
> was chosen for the _other_ reason as well (i.e., both
> as "the jib of a boat" and the initial sounds of
> "General Electric Broadcasting", with the "g" and "e"
> being pronounced in that way).

I don't know why everyone things WJIB was owned by General Electric at
that time.  It wasn't.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/