Re: Bruce Bradley

>Indeed, WBZ sounded very lost for many years after they dumped the Top 40,
>segueing from an almost-rock song to the Mills Brothers.

"Cab Driver" by the Mills Brothers was quite a hit, and was played by WRKO
as well...The BIG 68 certainly was not an MoR station.

>>Bruce was a Boston Radio Legend.....seriously do you think anybody will be
>>talking about any present radio people 35 years from now?
>>
>Probably not, but we're talking very different eras...audienceds are much
>more fragmented and with music having moved to FM, you're limited to what
>is within a 50 mile or so radius...no FM has the influence of the old AM
>clear-channel blowtorches.

And might I add this scenario:  Despite the personality-driven "Morning Zoo"
shows on todays Radio stations, personalities are downplayed. It's a matter
of "shut up and play the hits we tell you are hits...because our computer
says they are."  Local radio is still king, as unslick as some of them may
be.  I remember, as an example, Great Barrington's 860/WSBS.  They had a
great jingle pack, and it was a typical MoR station.  Daytime-only, too.  I
once had a copy of their jingle pack..I visitedthe place once.  Lost the
pack, but have some photos I think.

There are big personalities in small markets, who may not make it at any
sttaion beyond 1,000 watts, but are beloved in their own local areas.  I
recall (I think, the late) Gene Rousseau, at Woonsocket's WWON, back in the
1970s.  Gene was the most casual, un-slick guy around.  he was so bad, he
was great!  I think he'd beenthere for like 20 years, and the locals of all
ages felt he was part of the family. Like I used tio feel about the late,
great Carl DeSuze.