Re: Radio Dial Cards.... (Was: WHIL/WWEL

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, BUMP MARTIN wrote:

> If I remember correctly, you had an old WCOP music survey as well.....

Actually, I have three.  Wish I had more.

> Your place must be a museum!

No, but there are a few things that I'm glad never to have thrown away.
And other things that I did throw away and wish I hadn't.

> You seem to have all the stuff that we wished we never thru away...!

Sometimes I've thrown things away and regretted it later.  For example, in
the mid-1960s, just before they started to become valuable collector's
items, I got rid of almost all my comic books for 2 cents each.  I had
some, like the first appearance of Supergirl and the first appearance of
red Kryptonite, that would be worth money now.

I used to get the WCOP top 40 sheets every week.  And there was one from
WBZ, too.  But most of the WCOP ones and all of the WBZ ones, I threw away
when that week was up.  I'm not sure why I kept the ones I have.  I kept
the WWEL dial card because it was a convenient guide to the FM dial at the
time.  And then I just forgot it was there until someone mentioned it.  At
one time I used to subscribe to a monthly WERS program guide.  In fact,
since it was free, I think I probably stayed on their mailing list until
they stopped publishing it.  That was back in the 1960s, when they did
mostly classical music.  I never saved any of them.  There also used to be
a WCRB program guide back then.  I bought it regularly, but I don't think
I have any of them now.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/