Re: Paul Perry

> >>Paul did some weekend time at the former WHDH in the 80s.  Good guy.
>
> >>He was also on the "real" WROR in the early 90s.
> >

> >The WROR gig came right after he was let go by WBZ-AM.
> >Jim Herron(yeh, the same guy was fired from WBOS this year), then
> >WROR's PD, hired Perry in November '89 to do a new afternoon show
> >called 'Two for the Road'. Perry was paired up with Chris Guetta who
> >was brought up from Philly.

This was the infamous "Two For The Road".....what was billed as Boston's
FIRST 2-person afternoon-drive "team"....

This was one of the WORST concept and execution I ever heard on radio...
..

Two people that never quite fit together....thrown into the same studio
to be a 'team'.   Finishing each others sentences.....using cutesy lines
aka Regis and Kathy Lee.
AND through all of this.... trying to play some music (on a music
station!).

The results were embarassing to listen to and disastorous ratings....

The eventually left Perry to do the show alone....until his departure...

Everyone says he is a pleasant and likable fellow.  Which is probably
why he has been sucessfulll in landing gigs.  And why a PD would bring
him to Boston.