Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 11/26: WQEW Getting Mouse Ears?

At 05:10 PM 11/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>It's not clear which, if any, New York station might pick up standards
>if WQEW drops the format.  Several suburban stations, including WVNJ
>(1160 Oakland NJ) and WHLI (1100 Huntington LI), run standards, but
>none has the signal WQEW enjoys.  Could WEVD (1050) drop much or all
>of its leased-time schedule to go standards?  We're, um, all ears.

What a wonderful touch of irony if the mouse were to wind up buying the
newly full-time WLIB instead. That makes more sense than WLIB going
standards to replace WQEW.

>And WSIV (1540 East Syracuse) has been granted 57 watts at night.

I thought that WSIV was the station that had been granted a CP to move to
720. Whatever station it was, the FCC originally reported the frequency as
670 and then corrected itself a few weeks later. An AM 670 in the Syracuse
area would not work, especially now that WINR Binghamton on 680 holds a CP
for 5 kw almost ND daytime.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205