Re: Bruce Bradley

- -----Original Message-----
From: Gary F <gff@mediaone.net>
To: 'Martin J. Waters' <mwaters@wesleyan.edu>
Cc: 'Boston Radio Mail List' <boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: Bruce Bradley

>I worked as a producer at WBZ in 1979 and 1980 and spent a lot of time
working with Bruce Bradley.  He was great on the air but in person was a
pretty miserable human being to deal with.  Even then he lived in a small
apartment in Framingham and bitched about everything from traffic going to
work, to the station equipment, to the way management treated him, to being
"pestered" by listener's at remotes (he HATED doing them), and on and on.>

I've encountered this problem as well, working with certain Air Talent.
These individuals ought to realize that without listeners, they would not
have jobs.  The bottom line is, their jobs are at the pleasure of the
listeners.  I went through my share of groupies as well... sometimes they
could be fauirly aggressive, and that was not fun.  But that's part of the
business.  I was more than happy to do as many remotes as I could be asked
to do.  I loved my listeners, and appreciated them.

Unfortunately, my respect for Bruce Bradley is no longer there.