Re: WHIL/WWEL

Wow...this story made for, er um, a great memory when I was a night time
board op/City Council reporter at WHTB in Fall River...the station would
sign off at 11:00 PM...after doing Mutual News, my girlfriend called on the
on air line...so I piped her through the board...allowing to talk through
the mike.  Not realizing until about 15 minutes into the conversation that I
turned around to the transmitter and realized that the needles were bouncing
and our conversation was being made public.  Immediate station shut down was
in order...

Luckly only one person called me later the next day...and the three hamsters
that ran their transmitter to point out my little incident the night
before...and no, it wasn't the PD.

I was 17...lesson well learned.

Marc Lemay
http://www.massachusetts.com/times