Re: Bulletins at once (was Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 11/20: Hartford...)

At 02:15 PM 11/21/98 -0500, shel wrote:

>When CBS advised us by closed-circuit of an upcoming bulletin (sometimes
>with only a moment's notice, literally) we usually broke in, regardless of
>what was on the air at the time, trusting CBS News's good judgement.

I worked at a CBS affiliate a few years back.  A lot of their "bulletins"
were not particularly newsworthy, much less bulletin material.  We had
standing instructions to dump regular programming and put CBS on the air
when these alerts came across...more often than not we just sounded lame.