From the editors at R & R re: the chicks

I recently mentioned to Ron Ronrigues at R & R the thread on this e-mail list about the real origins of "The Two Chicks" on WRKO - here is the "official" response from R & R:

- -g.f.
(open quote) -

Ron Rodrigues passed along your note to me since I was the writer of the WRKO
Boston profile. Please note that the story about the origin of the "Two
Chicks" show was a quote from Kevin Straley in that interview.  Frankly, I
have also heard Leslie and Lori tell that same story in another environment.
And while we always strive to have our information correct, when it's provided
from the source of the interview, something like how an air talent got their
start isn't something I would have necessarily questioned further (since it
was really a very small part of the entire article).  My guess is that Kevin
wasn't really trying to provide a resume of their career experience, just how
they got started at 'RKO.

Thanks for your heads-up on it, though...I'll have to ask them about their
"real roots" next time I see them!

Regards,

Al Peterson
News/Talk Editor