Re: WCOP... and the "country" lawsuit

Bob wrote--

>Anyway, I can't remember too many other details, but
>I do remember reading all about it in the Globe back
>then. A lawsuit because a format was dumped?
>It happened.

And I recall when I was working at WRVR, a jazz station in New York, and
new owners were going to change the format.  A citizens' group got together
and sued the station over that-- but from what I can gather, they ran out
of money to pursue it.  With the FCC having little authority these days,
owners can destroy even a unique format and the public has little that can
be done.  But back in the 70s, this was happening too, and the FCC tended
not to intervene.