re : Muni bonds-out

Bill wrote :

<Read today that Scott Muni, 68, was released from his NYC radio gig
of over 31 years.>

Yes, Herman and Muni got their walking papers handed to them at the
end of their repsective shifts on Friday. GM Scott Herman(no relation
to Dave) did the honors and called it the hardest day of his life.

Sudden? Yes. Unexpected? Not at all.
WNEW has been sounding very schizophrenic in the last 5-6 months.
Their 24th ranking in the summer Arbitron is much deserved. The
station has had no direction whatsover. Now,they'll go for a 'younger'
image but the playlist is expected to remain what you hear now -- the
'best' rock from the 80's to currents to classic rock.

I was down in NYC two days a week for four months up until three weeks
ago and got to hear lots of WNEW-FM and rest of NY radio. WNEW's
present format is very much like guitar-driven AOR geared toward
30-something males. I think CBS might have something there if it plays
the cards right as it tries to fill the hole in the market...

Then again, WNEW's rival, WAXQ-FM doesn't really sound like a true
classic rock station anymore. It's more like Boston's Eagle -- Top 40
rock of the 70's and 80's. Parenteau is still one of the best DJs
around. I didn't know that he is such a big Yankees fan.:) I should've
made a couple tapes of his show during last month's World Series. Oh
well, part of the biz, I suppose..:)

- -Mark