RE: Mono (wasRe: WLNG-FM)

I think WMWM still has that Monty Python album, and
I know I played it a few times! A couple of other
"vinyl-only" gimmicks:

- --An album by punk's Dead Kennedys ends with an
endless groove; a woman can be heard saying, "now
you can relax, and return to your job...and return
to your job...and return to your job", etc.

- --You're probably quite familiar with backward
masking, especially all those Beatles albums. One
other example-- on "No Anchovies,Please" by the
J. Geils Band, a narrator talks about aliens speaking
gibberish, and we hear the gibberish. When you spin
the record backwards ("daddy, what's a recond?" <g>),
you hear someone saying, "it doesn't take a genius
to know the difference between chicken s--t and chicken
salad".