re : WNFT???

>From: Jibguy@aol.com

>>But there has been speculation in this group that the >>switch to
satellite UAC was made when the temporary >>owners (a trust that held
WNFT, WWTM, and, I think, >>WAAF) knew that the deal with Mega was
going to go
>>down. If that's the case, Mega may not be planning to >>flip WNFT to
SS.

>Sounds very logical.....  but I just heard that BOTH >stations,  890
AND 1150 will be Spanish.  One, >tropical, the other, something else.
 But what I >heard does NOT sound as logical and smart as
> Dan's assumption.
>- ---jibguy

You're correct, Bob.
I heard the same thing directly from Mega's CEO Alfredo
Alonso today. *BOTH* WBPS and WNFT will have Spanish-language
programming when the deals close.
$9 mill for two AM stations in the 20th largest Hispanic market in the
US sounds like a good deal to me. Alfredo and his brother Brian know
how to program
Spanish formats probably better than anyone in ethnic radio. Over the
years, they've done some interesting things with the Spanish-language
formats in the NYC area. It might actually be a large improvement over
what you hear on 1330, 1200 or 890 right now.

The Touch was fun while it lasted. I got a few e-mails from the
African-American professionals in the
Boston area who wanted to know what they could do to keep the format
in place. I'm curious to see if 'NFT
shows up in the summer Accuratings which will be released this
week(Fact : Accuratings do much better with minority and younger
listeners than Arbitrons).

- -Mark