     Lorraine Smith

Author:  Bob Nelson

On the subject of "last songs"--or, more specifically, what was
done just before a format change, how about 105.3 FM they had an
automated voice counting down to the new format, with an
occasional phrase thrown in. For example:

(robotic voice,a la "at the tone the time will be..."):

"Fifty-four hours, twenty-three minutes, thirty seconds and
counting. If you said you had a beautiful body would you hold it
against me."