Re: UMass Sports Networks (WMUA)

In a message dated 10/30/98 1:23:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<< I didn't know that WMUA was originating the games to commercial stations.
That surprises me.  >>

Yup. And during the cutaways, quite a few of my promos for my Afternoon A GoGo
show on WMUA got by the (napping?) board ops at the affiliates - or perhaps
they didn't sell the time!  Thinking about it now, our Springfield affiliate
may have been WMAS.
BTW, Greg Landry was our quarterback at that time, and while he may not have
got the shool the national press that Dr. J., or the BB team of the 90's did,
he did help spark some interest in the team, and thus the little Network we
put together.
Any other WMUA alumni on this list beside Joe and Marty?