Re: ...But RKO rolled me....

>Does anyone else remember "...Life is a rock, but RKO rolled me.." when
WRKO used to play it?<

No, but then, I was in Syracuse when it was a hit. I don't recall a
customized WOLF version, though.

However, a few years later, when I was living in eastern Arkansas, I
recall WHBQ Memphis (a great Top 40 station) playing a doctored "Fire"
by the Pointer Sisters: "We're riding in your car ... You turn on the
radio... W-H-B-Q .... etc." With whichever Pointer was singing lead
(Ruth?) also singing the call  letters. Was that done up this way.

I also recall customized versions of Huey Lewis' "Heart of Rock & Roll,"
but names of cities were inserted, rather than call letters: "In
Cleveland ... Detroit ... HARTFORD ... unh ... heart of rock & roll,
etc." This was on WTIC-FM and WKSS-FM Hartford in the mid-'80s.

Howard