Re: Whatever happened to...

Actually,"Stars on 45" and "Life is a Rock" are two
separate songs by two separate artists. "Stars" was
a medley of pop songs (I think "Stars on 45" was the
name of the artist as well), while "Life is a Rock"
was by Reunion ("CBS and Warner Brothers, RCA and all
the others/Life is a rock but the radio rolled me/
Gotta turn it up louder/ So my DJ told me...")

Two bits about the Reunion song:
  --I remember some stations modified it for the own
image/call letters. So you'd hear "life is a rock/
But 'RKO rolled me" on WRKO (in their top 40 days).

  --A few years ago,I heard the Reunion song on
WVMT in Burlington,VT (was up there on vacation) and
was amazed to hear it continue on for a minute beyond
where I thought it had faded out. Turned out that when
it was a hit, most stations faded it out early (same
thing with "Beach Baby"). The full versions of BOTH
songs are on one of those Rhino "Have a Nice Day--
Super Hits of the 70s" CDs.
Just thought it was weird--back when it was a hit,
I never heard that last minute. Twenty years later,
and there it is.