Re: UMass football

>        WMUA was carrying UMass sports long before the commercial stations
>had much interest in doing most of the sports. Even in the late '60s-early
>'70s, did anyone else do all the men's basketball games, especially before
>Julius Erving put the school on the map?

Much the same was the case with WJUL and the (then) University of Lowell
Chiefs hockey coverage.  After years of coverage, first WCAP then WLLH put
broadcast teams together and they joined in on the team bus.  Due to an
unfortunate drop in volunteer interest at WJUL, WLLH jumped in and grabbed
'official station' coverage status from the teams own station!  It was only
worth the paper it was printed on, but a statement, nonetheless.  Since
then, I believe, WJUL has gotten back into the game, so to speak.

Bill O'Neill