Re: Ginsburger meets Collins transmitter

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Did you say that the TX was installed at WYHI in 1982? If so, and if it had
> ever actually been installed at WMEX's Squantum facility (as opposed to
> having been ordered by WMEX but never delivered), it never made the trip to
> Waltham (to what is now the WNRB TX).

As far as I know Waltham never had a 5 kW transmitter. I did some work for
WMRE (as it then was) in 1983, and the main transmitter at that time was a
Harris MW-50, with an old RCA 50 kW Ampliphase serving as backup. Recently
I heard they'd installed a new Nautel transmitter and got rid of the
Ampliphase.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com