RE: Go Where You Wanna Go

>Larry Lovering wrote::
>The song was writted by John Phillips, and first appeared on the M&P album,
>"If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears" in 1966.  The 5th Dimension picked
>it
>up for their first album, "Up, Up and Away" in 1967.

        A friend checked the Billboard book listing hit singles since the
'50s, and it shows the 5th Dimension version as peaking at #16 on 2/4/67.
It was on the charts for seven weeks and it was the group's first top-40
hit. The M&P version is not listed, I am told. I guess they were so heavily
played then that their version got play even though it was not a single? Or
maybe it was a B side for them? Funny that many people, like you, now ID
the song with the M&P.