Re: First radio

Kevin Hilley wrote:

>I thought it might be interesting to see what was the very first record
the readers of this forum bought...<

"Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby" -- the Beatles, summer '66.

And, responding to the apparent typo in the subject line, that was also
the summer of my first radio: a pocket-sized Lloyds AM radio. It bragged
"Six Transistors" on its black case. I felt so much cooler than the kids
with the four-transistor models.

That radio met its demise in 1967, when I stripped the wire from its
internal antenna to add to the random length of copper on my fitst
_shortwave_ radio.

Howard