Re: First radio

In a message dated 98-10-23 19:24:50 EDT, hilley@conknet.com writes:

<<  thought it might be interesting to see what was the very first record
 the readers of this forum bought, if they remember. I remember it
 clearly. 10 year old Kevin went to the store and picked up his 45 of
 "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" by the 5th Dimension. Loved that song and
 still get great memories whenever I hear it. How 'bout you guys? >>

I've always believed that the first single I ever bought was Leaving on a Jet
Plane by PP&M.   I am also pretty certain that the first song I ever "learned"
off the radio, when I first started listening, to WRKO, was Take A Letter
Maria, for which I am still sentimental. (but which I never bought).  I'm
still like that - I have all my old 45's,   and albums and I still buy tapes,
but I don't buy that much in comparison to other music lovers.  I have always
depended on the radio.  However, possibly the first album I ever bought was
Close to You by the Carpenters.