Re: Tight Places

H Glazer said:

> Mike Thomas writes:
>
> >Many offices are starting to pipe in their own music services, such as
> Muzac...<
>
> And some of those Muzak-like services have amazingly broad playlists.
> I've heard songs I haven't heard on radio for years while shopping at
> Shop-Rite or eating at McDonald's.
>
> If the research done by Muzak and its kind indicates that, say, "Sweet
> Cherry Wine" by Tommy James & the Shondells (recently heard at
> McDonald's) is suitable for use as inoffensive background music, why
> does your average oldies station shun it in favor of another spin of
> tired old "Mony Mony"?

Every day that I listen to my subcarrier radio and tune in the
Muzak station on 101.9 FM, I convince myself that those $25
were well spent. To hell with commerical music stations...
give me Muzak any day of the week :)

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak