Re: boston-radio-interest-digest V2 #211

Mike Thomas writes:

>Many offices are starting to pipe in their own music services, such as
Muzac...<

And some of those Muzak-like services have amazingly broad playlists.
I've heard songs I haven't heard on radio for years while shopping at
Shop-Rite or eating at McDonald's.

If the research done by Muzak and its kind indicates that, say, "Sweet
Cherry Wine" by Tommy James & the Shondells (recently heard at
McDonald's) is suitable for use as inoffensive background music, why
does your average oldies station shun it in favor of another spin of
tired old "Mony Mony"?

Howard