Re: Tight Play Lists

>The result?  The gold titles get burned out very quickly--same goes with
the
>currents.  The research may show that these songs are "familiar and
likeable,"
>but if that's the case, why has TSL throughout most music formats declined
>over the past few years as playlists have tightened?  The TSL drop can be
>attributed to many factors, but its possible that the listeners may be
right.
>Maybe we do play the same songs way too often.

Couple with that the fact that there seems to be a drought of ADDs -
material that fits.  The crossovers seem to dominate now.  But, as the
mellow hybrids of Seattle rock go supernova, what will be there to take its
place?  Harder classic rock is filling a growing niche.  I vote for WZLX to
do better in its cume over the next few...

Bill O'Neill