Re: Cross-promotion

In a message dated 98-10-12 12:55:32 EDT, hilley@conknet.com writes:

>While driving to work this morning and scanning the AM dial, I stopped at
>WHAM 1180 out of Rochester. They were running an overnight trucker-type show
>(syndicated), but I was interested to hear the station run a spot for "the
>new Sunny 106.7", obviously a station probably co-owned with WHAM there in
>Rochester. I assume they feel they're dealing with different demos, but I
>can't say I've ever heard one station plug another. Any thoughts?

The general feeling that if their audience wants to tune to music, later,
better they land on Sunny 106 than a different non-owned music station.   It's
their belief that talk radio listeners do music sometimes!   -   Got an even
better one.  When I did middays at WBOS "Disco 93" back in '79,  I had to air
spots for WEEI Newsradio 59.  Actual paid commercials,  and stations not even
commonly -owned!!!!!
- ---jibguy