Re: NERW / Jerry Williams

My sources tell me that when his contract came up for renewal, it was with
CBS, not ARS. At the point of renewal, CBS owned ARS and they did the
negotiations.

Most of the people I have talked to believe that Jerry won't be back full time
or even part time anytime soon since he was pretty unreliable in his weekend
shift at WRKO (their words, not mine). They state that he may do something
else like an "Osgood File" type of nationwide commentary thing or some fill-in
work for CBS (I assume WBZ or a NY station or maybe something in Fla since he
has a home and family there) or may just retire.

And to reiterate what was posted, they are going to give him some kind of
sendoff and are trying to figure a way around the contract nonsense. I would
bet though that they could have him on in the role of guest and do it that way
to get around the contract. Either way, it will be a loss to the community.

In a message dated 10/10/98 5:02:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,