New calls for WZNN/WMYF

Say goodbye to WZNN and WMYF.  I only heard the ID once before Rochester
changed to its night pattern and I didn't have a tape rolling so I hope
I jotted this down right--I believe I heard "This is WGIN Rochester and
WGID Exeter" but won't be able to confirm that from my location until
after 7 a.m. tomorrow.
Although I never used to be much of a WGIR listener, I've been drawn to
the WGIR Action News Network quite a bit lately...in the same way that
some people attend sporting events for the purpose of berating the coach
and players.  Take those IDs.  The network has a 6-second window usually
just before :59 for the legal ID.  If the IDs fire when they're supposed
to (perhaps 80% of the time I've monitored), listeners to 610 hear 1½
seconds of silence followed by "WGIR Manchester" announced at a
leisurely pace to fill 2½ seconds, then 2 seconds of silence.
Meanwhile, Seacoast listeners hear (or, I should say, heard) the
following: "This is 15-40 WMYF Exeter, 9-30 WZNN Rochester."  All in 5
seconds.  Not a leisurely pace at all.
One morning last week I heard "AM 6-10 WGIR" in that ID slot.  Perhaps
to make up for an important ingredient missing from that announcement,
this afternoon I heard "Manchester WGIR Manchester."
Although we've all heard cases where automation has been allowed to run
amok on the air, apparently somebody actually is listening at the WGIR
Action News Network--in all but one case where the ID did not fire in
its allotted slot, whether on the Manchester station or on the Seacoast
outlets, I heard a legal ID within the next 3 minutes, sometimes live,
sometimes recorded.
All stations on the WGIR Action News Network have mercifully dispensed
with multiple-city-of-license baloney.  If I remember correctly, WGIR
used to ID as Manchester-Nashua-Concord, WMYF as Exeter-Portsmouth, and
WZNN as Rochester-Dover-Portsmouth.