Re: Barnicle???

At 01:04 AM 10/1/98 -0400, Donna Halper wrote:
>So am I the only one who is puzzled by the sudden appearance of Mike
>Barnicle all over WBZ?  Okay, maybe he is trying to stick it to WCVB, but
>what about the ethics of the situation?  Like him or hate him, he is a
>plagiarist, and I found it a bit odd that Brudnoy had him on the air and
>was really praising him and telling him how much he is missed-- and
>suddenly all these callers just happened to call to say the same thing.

Plagiarist or not, and whether you like him or not, he (obviously) had/has
a following.  If Howard Stern disappeared from the airwaves next week I
probably wouldn't even notice or care, but a lot of people would be upset.

Ethics?  You mean no one in this business has "borrowed" ideas?  Someone
does a good morning show bit, or station promotion and before you know it
the same bit or promotion is in every market.  We as a business have no
right to put down someone for plagiarism.