Re: Hi! Anyone out here?

Hi Bill, Gary:

>Any one out there?...

Must be a sale at Jordon's Basement!  :-)

But, I've been manning the teletype machines for the latest news and the
bell just went off.

All this stuff on the Bill Clinton debacle has sort of steered our
attention away from the rest of the world...and other things that are
happening.

Today was this:

> STATE DEPARTMENT TRAVEL INFORMATION - Tajikistan
> Tajikistan - Travel Warning
>  September 25, 1998
>
> The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to defer all travel to
> Tajikistan.  Due to threats to Americans and American interests
> worldwide, instability in Tajikistan, and the limited ability to
> secure the safety of Embassy personnel in their current facility,
> the Department of State has decided to suspend Embassy operations in
> Dushanbe.  All Embassy personnel will be departing the country.
> Those American citizens in Tajikistan are urged to consider their
> personal security situation in view of this warning and depart if
> appropriate.
>
>  No. 98-047
This is pretty serious stuff - and a major problem when a U.S. embassy
has to get out of town all together.   Maybe the networks will carry
this story tomorrow night.

Bob J.
- ---