WMFO

IMO, WMFO is one of the reasons why community members DON'T get involved
with college radio more often.  The frequent use of "colorful" language (on
and off air), and the attitude by the students that it's their radio station
discourages members of the general public, including myself, from becoming a
part of the station.  While there are a few members of the general public
doing shifts at MFO, most of the "staff" is student run, making new
community members feel unwelcomed.

But then again, as a staff member at Medford Community Access Television, I
must applaud WMFO in their efforts to keep the community out of their
station...our membership has grown 10% just from people who were "not
welcomed" at WMFO...long live public access television! (Sorry...I'm off the
soapbox now.)

As for WERS...what's wrong with how things are working now?  By far WERS is
one of the best college radio stations in the country.  Maybe I'm missing
the big picture...

Marc Lemay