Re: Troubles at WERS??

In a message dated 9/16/98 7:54:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, shel@big68.org
writes:

<< If these people were actually  "students", instead of rebelling, they would
 spend their time learning.  Today's crop of college grads is not the best
 we've had before.  Let them buy their own stations, and put on what they
 like. Reality may then teach them a thing or two. >>

I don't know about the situation at WERS, but at WMPG at the University of
Southern Maine, a majority of the station's budget comes from student activity
fees but the station's management and on-air staff is dominated by "community"
members.  IMHO, if students pay the bills, students should run the station.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine
USM '90