Re: Troubles at WERS??

Shel said:

> If these people were actually  "students", instead of rebelling, they would
> spend their time learning.  Today's crop of college grads is not the best
> we've had before.  Let them buytheir own stations, and put on what they
> like. Reality may then teach them a thing or two.
>
> :) shel

  I would really advise Shel to stop spouting his pompous Rush Limbaugh-esque
diatribe until he (and I and the rest of us) know all the facts behind
this. He is only making himself look like a buffoon.

Usually, the students are the ones that support the stations
with their activity fees, I would think, just as  with any other
club. Not to mention that the station's equipment and licence were
acquired with student's tuition money, for the most part.

Sure, the kids can get their own stations...do you have a couple of
million dollars lying around that you could possibly shell (no pun
intended) for a licence and basic bottom-of-the-line equipment?
Maybe a couple of thousand? Hundred? Hmmm...

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak