Re: Troubles at WERS??

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 MikeHemeon@aol.com wrote:

> Maybe it's time for a student reality check. Which group holds the license to
> the station??

  One could argue that one of the things that made Emerson more attractive
to a possible student was the fact that you had the chance as a student to
get "the feel" of running a station in a major market (AND with a decent
signal, unlike some schools that have the low power assignments)...

More importantly, do we really need another WBUR?

> Many universities operate their radio stations independently. Golly, what
> would happen if Emerson decided to do that??

  IMHO, WERS is a breath of fresh air......and probably reflects what
Emerson is about better than any other college station in the area does
for their respective schools. Does WHRB represent Harvard, WZBC Boston
College, WMBR MIT, WMFO Tufts?????