Re: 91.7fm in Manchester Nh

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Anyone have the history of, stats, etc. of that Manchester signal?  Curious
> if it impacts upon WJUL's signal from Lowell to Manch.?  How about 91.3 WUNH
> Durham?  I would doubt there'd be any impact there, assuming there is any
> signal quality that far out.  (Is WUNH still at 1 kW?
>
> Bill O'Neill

WRND went on air in December of 1993 with a directional antenna aimed
away from downtown Manchester.  The antenna was designed to minimize
interference to WCSH-TV (Chan 6) in Portland.

WRND had no impact on the recent application by WUNH to increase power.

WUNH has requested 6.0 kW vertical and 1.5 kW horizontal with a DA in
the vertical polarization.  The DA is to protect a new station in
Concord to be built by the Capitol City Educational Foundation (WVNH).

WVNH has an application for site change pending with the FCC.  WVNH will
operate on 91.1 MHz with 1.0 kW vertical only (again to protect Chan 6
Portland.

Probably more than you wanted to know!

Bob Smith