Re: National Radio Club DX Log - Help Needed

Scott Fybush wrote:
> It's that time again, when the National Radio Club puts out its
> AM Log for the winter DX season.  I'm helping them with some
> updates...and here are some of the lingering questions.  If you
> know the answer (or can check), please e-mail me.  Deadline is
> Tuesday night...so hurry!

> WLOB 1310
> WARA 1320 (is there a new address/phone for them, also?)

> WLTN 1400
> WKXL 1450
>
> WSAR 1480
WLOB at one time was signing off at 10PM,but it's been a few years since
I've heard them,maybe some of our friends "Down East" can clarify this.
                               WARA I believe has changed call letters
since they were sold,I believe I recall seeing this posted to the group
some time back.Again,I can't get them here in Lowell,so I can't confirm.

         WLTN signed off at Midnight last time I heard them(1996),don't
know if this is still true now.
                                                                   WKXL for
years signed off at 11:25PM nightly,unless they were carrying a Red Sox or
CBS sports broadcast that went later,then they would sign off after the
game's conclusion.John Bolduc posted that they sign off at Midnight
Sundays,maybe they go to Midnight nightly now.Again,I can't get them in
Lowell,so I can't confirm.                  WSAR I think still is
24/7,unless they've cut back their hours.I've heard them past midnight
several times over the years.
                      One station that is not 24/7,but was at one time is
WCAP(980),they sign off at Midnight nightly.WCCM(800) is now 24/7 since
they were bought by Costa/Eagle.                 Mark Watson