Re: the beginning of the end for Rush, Dr. L.,etc.???

Dan S. replies:
>With Clinton's impeachment likely, your message couldn't possibly have been
>more poorly timed. Look for a huge resurgence (albeit probably only a
>temporary one) in national talk radio. I havene't heard Limbaugh in well
>over a year, but this is the sort of thing that made him, and he'll milk it
>for every cent he can get. I think you'll find dozens of stations clamoring
>for affiliations.

Must admit, I flipped on Rush for the first time in eons just to witness
his, as Letterman would say, "Hot Gas Mode."  (Letterman once opened his
interview with Rush with a question to this effect: "How does it feel to be
full of hot gas?"  This was during the Rush TV show era.)  Credit where due,
Rush's position on full disclosure slaps both liberals and conservatives and
was a refreshing listen today.  I must admit that the Washington debacle is
just what the EIB needed.

On a similar note, I heard today on WRKO that Howie Carr is leaving the
Providence affil. as of Friday.  Carr's response to the caller inquiring
about it was that they hoped to return to the station in a different daypart
in the future.  Trouble brewing there?  W'sup wid dat?

Bill O'Neill