Re: 860 in Toronto

Yes, some CBC programming is available on shortwave, although
certainly nothing near the full schedule (mostly The World At
Six, it seems).

And there are Real Audio feeds of Radio 1, Radio 2, and CBME 88.5
Montreal (Radio One) at radio.cbc.ca -- but they're lousy-sounding
feeds, with an outdated RA encoder (they're still using 3.0 on
the network feeds) and lots of dropouts.

Neither way gets the signal to me in the car, anyway -- and that's
where I do almost all my CBC listening.

(My latest solution: The CBC should buy the class B facility on
103.1 that's now commercial classical CFMX Cobourg ON.  CFMX now
focuses most of its programming and promotion on the Toronto
market via CFMX-1 96.3 in Mississauga, and the original Cobourg
transmitter has become something of an afterthought.  It
still puts a very credible signal into Rochester and the Finger
Lakes, though -- and I think into Peterborough as well, which would
free up the current CBCP facility - 93.5 moving to 98.7 - for
CFMX's use.  Never gonna happen, I know, but a guy can dream...)

- -s