WBZ clears the table on Friday nights

- -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Friday, 21-Aug-98 08:33 PM
>
> From: D Boucher                \ PRODIGY:     (DAVID_BOUCHER)
> To:   D-(BM-ML LST)            \ PRODIGY:     (LJNF40D)
>
> Subject: Fw: WBZ clears the table on Friday nights

The Donna added...

> >I never understood why the show was on in the first place... it just
never
> >seemed to fit.  Perhaps it was part of an effort to make WBZ into a
> >'magazine', but why mess with a show like Brudnoy's which has such
good
> >ratings?

I think there were a few reasons.  One was to give Brudnoy a bit of a
break.  5 hours a night, 5 days a week is a heavy load.  And when David
took sick awhile back, I think there was some effort to find ways to
ease his workload. (Monday night football talk, Oliove's Table, more
substitute hosts, etc.)

Second, I think there was an effort on WBZ to grab some of the "food
cash" that is out there.

WBZ seemed to respond to things....  They instituted weekend sports
(later ditched) when it was evident that WEEI would be coraling all (or
at least, a bunch) of the weekend sports cash.

I wouldn't doubt if this is a way of making sure that Whitley and WRKO
don't have a monopoly on all the "food cash" that is out there.

(And I'll bet that research shows that Fridays is not the best day for
Brudnoy loyalites...)