Re: NorthEast Radio Watch / WHCN changes

>NERW wrote:
>*In CONNECTICUT this week, the changes continue on WHCN (105.9
>Hartford), with the addition of the syndicated Bob and Tom Show in
>morning drive.  Our apologies, by the way, to PD Peter Delloro for
>misspelling his name last week...

        In an extremely rare occurrence, NERW has made a mistake. Bob and
Tom, one to two weeks ago, were dropped by WHCN, not added.
        <Rant mode on.>
        As a result, an international year of celebration has been
declared, by me. Bob and Tom were added about 18 months ago when the
long-time morning team of (Bob) Picozzi and the (Gary Lee) Horn were fired.
Bob and Tom, for those of you fortunate enough not to be familiar with them
(go to your place of worship now and pray in thanks), are the worst morning
show in the history of radio, extremely stupid and crude, and the biggest
sin of all, not at all funny, except they seem to think they're hysterical.
Man, did they suck. Truly pathetic. And they played hardly any music,
really. They're from Indianapolis (need we say more?) IMO, they were part
of the reason that WHCN has had trouble matching the ratings of WAQY, the
classic rock station in the nearby smaller market of Springfield that makes
no effort to play to the Hartford market. The Hartford Courant's weekly
media column reported this week (9/3) that not one single phone call was
made to WHCN protesting the removal of the Bob and Tom Show.
        <Rant mode off.>
        WHCN's new positioner is "Classic Rock that Rocks," which seems to
me (coincidence?) more like the sound of WAQY. WHCN has gone to lots of
music in morning drive woth Peter Delloro. For later in the day, it has
brought back Cat St. Clair, one of several popular jocks it had removed in
the past couple years. It has hired the Litch, a fixture on FM rock radio
in Hartford/New Haven for about 20 years. He has at least one previous
stint at WHCN. He most recently was afternoon drive on WCCC (active rock),
but was replaced by Bob Picozzi. Meanwhile, Gary Lee Horn recently has
surfaced as the morning newsguy on another Hartford station, although I
don't recall which one (WDRC (FM), oldies, maybe?).