Re: Herald vs. WBCN

Purcell said
>that unfair charges were made during the interview,
>and that was why the ads ($200,000 worth, I think)
>were pulled. Any more info on this? Did someone
>hear the actual interview?

(If this went down) gimme a break!  Purcell knew exactly what he was in for
when he sat for that (alleged) interview.  Any repercusions against the jock
or the station by ownership because of the apparant cash grab by the tabloid
will be closely watched.

What was Purcell thinking about when he went there for an interview, anyway?
Planting the seeds of (bad) publicity to augment his new roll-out of the
paper, perhaps?  The big set-up?

"Cancel my ad buy" has a close cousin in "Cancel my subscription."

Bill O'Neill