Re: WPOR registers WTHT domain name

<<On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 22:12:43 -0400, "Shel" <shel@big68.org> said:

> Nope.  Nobody can "own" call letters, just as they cannot "own" a frequency.
> The FCC can giveth out, and can taketh away.

Not true, as I stated earlier.  Many stations own service mark rights
in their callsigns, including (just a couple of examples) WMBR
Cambridge and that channel 17 in Atlanta.  This is true regardless of
the assignment process -- trademark rights arise from the USE of a
distinctive mark, not its assignment.

- -GAWollman

- --