Re: Fw: TV audio in Woburn?

Larry Weil said:

> At 11:08 AM -0400 8/27/98, Bill O'Neill wrote:
> \>
> >
> >I'm sitting in my office in Cummings Park in Woburn and am listening to FM
> >on a cheapo/reliable/old Realistic MTA-12 mono desk radio (too cheap to
> >steal, etc.)  On the analog tuner (dipole attached), I can hear Rosie
> >O'Donnell audio clear as a bell between 101.7 WFNX and 102.5 WCRB.  Further
> >left, the same signal, albeit muted, rolled-off and about 5 dB down, is
> >preventing 92.5 WXRV from coming in, where 92.9 WBOS is unaffected.  As they
> >say in school, "S'up wit' dat'?"
>

> Sounds like your radio is getting some image reception of Channel 5's
> audio.  81.75 + 21.4 (Twice the common 10.7 IF frequency) = 103.15.  81.75
> + 10.7 = 92.45, so obviously some mixing product in the radio is causing
> your WRVX problem.
>
> The solution:  Buy a better radio and secure it to your desk!

  Or you can just buy a new antenna...

That particular Radio shack receiver is pretty decent for local
FM reception. I can't say much about the sound though...
but then again...Radio Shack radios are like GE's radios...(esp the
older ones) --they are too heavy on bass...wonder why...

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak