Re: Advanture Car Hop

Joe wrote:
>I was just wondering why Adventure Car Hop was specifically a sponsor of
>Arnie Ginsburg on WMEX and not of any of the other DJs there.  Was it
>because they sponsored Arnie on WBOS, when he was doing it lease time?
>Did he bring Adventure with him to WMEX?

Actually, since the earliest days of radio, certain sponsors preferred a
particular announcer and went with him or her exclusively.  Arthur Edes was
the voice of the Boston Symphony Orchestra during his stint at three
different stations in the late 20s and throughout the 30s.  The agency that
did their commercials liked his voice.  I am sure we can all think of
certain products that became identified with one particular announcer-- as
in that annoying (but probably effective) spot for Tommy Floramo's Italian
restaurant that the late Bill Marlowe did prior to his death, with that
tag-line about "where the meat falls off the bone".  I know Jess Cain and
Dick Summer and even Bob & Ray had commercials they did exclusively... it
all started with Little Folks magazine hiring the late great Eunice Randall
way back in 1922 to be their official "story lady" and plug their
children's books and magazine... Eunice's commercials were the only ones on
WGI for a while...  So, bottom line, Adventure Car Hop liked Arnie's shtick
and decided to use him as their spokesperson.